Steps towards change
Organising the family routine around what you want to do for yourself will take planning. What are the steps to change? It is important to plan a healthy lifestyle for yourself every day. Executing a healthy lifestyle plan requires conscious decision making, planning and actions that will provide you with emotional wellbeing and your body with sufficient rest, nourishment and physical activity. There are many ways that you can positively influence your own health.
Change, however positive, can be difficult. It is important to reflect and plan for yourself to change in the areas that you decide are important to you.
Everyone is capable of change and every situation can be changed in some way.
Mothers in workshops often ask: How can I make changes and achieve balance in daily life? Change can be difficult. However, when we are talking about health, it is important to dedicate yourself to change however small and at whatever pace you can manage. Two major steps towards change might be summarised as follows:
- Recognise that balance is needed.
- Decide that you want to achieve more balance.
- Find out how others keep balance.
- Make a commitment to yourself to make time, find time, reserve time!
- Decide when the time is right to address your life balance.
- Seek support from those who can support you.
- Dedicate the time to make a plan that will work for you.
- Make the plan.
- Follow through on the plan.
- Small changes can make a big difference.
- Celebrate every step towards change.