Top 10 Tips for Success
Mothers are very important people. You are a very important person. Here is a print out of the top ten tips:
1. Be proactive with your health. Engage in health promoting activity. Choose to be well. Follow up with your doctor.
2. Replenish yourself. Do this first. You will then be better able to meet life’s responsibilities.
3. Choose healthy lifestyle habits that replenish your physical, emotional and spiritual self.
- Eat well.
- Be physically active.
- Sleep well.
- Surround yourself with people who enjoy life and support you.
- Consider ways to increase time in recreation or leisure as that has multiple benefits.
- Seek connections that will result in more support.
- Recognise this takes planning. Protect time to plan, otherwise there will be no plan to execute!
4. Identify your supports and challenges. Strive to build supports and contain the impact of challenges.
5. Be mindful. If your mind is racing or you feel overwhelmed give yourself the mental space to calm your mind.
6. Seek perspective. Know that you can stop negative thought loops and seek perspective. Be kind to yourself.
7. Seek professional help if your feelings and ability to meet daily demands are being compromised. You demonstrate good self-leadership when you find a professional to help in this manner.
8. Develop a health home life and routine that will meet your own needs, your child’s needs and your family needs without draining your emotions, energy, and resources.
9. Be kind to yourself. Give yourself a round of applause. You deserve it.
10. Join formal networks and spend time with supportive others to empower yourself.
Download a copy of this chart:
-   About the Program
- 1 The Journey of Mothers
- 2 Health & Research Findings
- 3 What Mothers Say About Stress
- 4 Healthy Mind, Healthy Mother
- 5 Active Healthy Mother
- 6 Healthy Eating
- 7 Bringing Support Around You and Your Family
- 8 Managing Healthy Home Routines and Having Fun in the Community
- 9 Time-for-Me Planning
- 10 Finding Balance & Staying Strong